1. People & Relationships

What does it mean if you bleed during or after sex? I received this letter from Mariana: Please Help! Every time me and my girlfriend have sex we seem to bleed. And most of the time it's a lot. I want to know if we are doing anything wrong??? I can't figure it out. Any information would be of great help. Thank you very very much.

After eliminating the obvious causes, like making sure your fingernails are trimmed and you're not on your period, bleeding during sex can actually be a symptom of a greater problem. What does it mean if you bleed during sex?

Comments
September 15, 2008 at 9:55 am
(1) Shing says:

This occurs with my girlfriend too, but it has only occurred with me and none of her other sexual partners so I am wondering what I am doing wrong as it makes her hesitant to have sex with me. My nails are trimmed to the finger and I neither of us have had this problem with any of our other partners.

help?

October 11, 2008 at 9:32 pm
(2) Linda says:

this is hard to say you both need to be checked out by a doctor you could have a sexual transmitted disease. i doubt both of you have Cancer but you both should get checked out anyways

March 30, 2009 at 11:10 am
(3) nicole says:

hi, i am a 16 year old girl how is suffering from bleeding during sex, it occurs all the time when me and my girlfriend have sex. i would like to know if you could give me some advice. the symtoms are bleeding (light red) and that is all, i suffer no pain or any other symtoms and it mainly happens when i go to orgasm, please give me advice.

August 4, 2009 at 3:40 pm
(4) Krystal Knowlton says:

hey i am and 18 year old lesbian and i have a similar problem like Nichole did. My girl friend left me cuz every time we did stuff i ended up bleeding. Everytime i reach an orgasm point and i think that i cumed she pulls out to see and her had is bloody. But i have no pain during or after us messing around.
I know i was clean of STDs before i got with her but now i am woried that something seroius is wrong.
She told me she was clean to and i believed it.
We never wate eachother out though. only fingered, and wased our hands after we were done.
I DONT GET IT!
Can you help me?

September 12, 2009 at 3:26 pm
(5) cookie says:

i have had sex with my boyfriend and then i start bleeding idk what to do!!!!!

November 1, 2009 at 7:40 am
(6) tom says:

I have a 16 year old gf and most of the time we have sex she keeps on bleeding…i dont know the reason for this and never have i had any problem with a girl like this. please help me out here

November 2, 2009 at 1:02 am
(7) Dylan says:

Im 17.. i have had lots of sex but with my new girl its the best i have ever had..we have had sex with eachother before and she never bled but today when i went to pull out there was blood all over my penis my legs,my hands,my bed and all over my shirt..i am not so worryed about myself but im and truely worried about her… We went and got tested and we are both STD free, and no cancer..she has had sex in the past with a few dif guys but she said there penis’s were to small to pop her cherry so idk if i poped it or if i tore her vagina during sex..please help

March 19, 2010 at 10:36 pm
(8) slave master says:

stop bashing your woman

April 11, 2010 at 7:32 am
(9) emma says:

number 7 – your girlfriend had her period when you had sex with her.

April 20, 2010 at 1:17 pm
(10) Chand says:

I have not gf and i want to sex. what should i do?

June 1, 2010 at 4:22 pm
(11) JP says:

i had sex with my boyfriend today an yesterday i just finished my period. then about 20-30 mins after i bled only a little bit an it was weird. should i be worried?

July 9, 2010 at 11:16 pm
(12) jenny says:

so im a 16 year old girl and a couple weeks ago i had seex with this guy and neither of us have stds or anything,, but afterwards when i went pee there was blood, not alot but it was there,, should i be scaredd? then today he was dingering me and he stopped because there was blood,,, i am kind of worriedd,,

November 24, 2010 at 3:49 pm
(13) Taylor says:

I am a 17 yr. old girl, me and my boyfriend are bothe STD free, and neither of us have cancer, lately when we have sex, i bleed, and the last time we did i bled alot.. i dont know what this means, or anything, and im scared.. what should i do?!?

May 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm
(14) Rocio says:

Hey I am 17 years old and been having sex with my girlfriend. Yesterday we rubbed our genitals (naked) and it was an amazing feeling. I noticed this morning though that I had bled. I know its not my period since I just had it two weeks ago. Please help.

June 12, 2011 at 2:35 am
(15) timmy says:

i am a 18 year old man and my gf is also 18 we are both STD free my gf was a virgin but the first and second time we had sex she bleed all over at first we thought it was her period but its not possible we want to have sex again but without the blood i need help i love my gf but this is kinda getting me off sex someone help im worried aobut my gf and at the beging both times she was in pain but then it went away with my last gf this never happend and she was a virgin too i need your help