1. People & Relationships

Dear Lesbian Life:
I am positive that I am lesbian but I still look at men and find them attractive. What could this mean?
Lesbians, do you find men attractive? Personally, I think Usher and Justin Timberlake are very attractive men. What about you? Do any of you lesbians find men attractive? Or should we not even speak of this, if we do? Add your thoughts below.
Comments
May 28, 2007 at 3:35 am
(1) Ilia says:

Being a lesbian does not mean I’m blind. I can still appreciate both female AND male beauty…

May 28, 2007 at 10:21 am
(2) Cariad says:

Sure, but in an objective kind of way. Some are attractive, like Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp. I’m just not attracted to them.

May 28, 2007 at 2:09 pm
(3) Rana says:

I myself think that certain males have attractive bodies… But I am not drawn to them in a sexual way. I find there are different kinds of sexy-ness…you can find it in women, men and nature.

May 28, 2007 at 4:13 pm
(4) Madison says:

sure, men are attractive. generally, for myself however, the qualities i find attractive in men are gender ambiguous, and i end up dreaming about some lovely woman that could have that color skin, or eye color, or style, etc.

May 28, 2007 at 5:47 pm
(5) Jai says:

I still find men attractive, i just don’t want to be with them. I have a family full of attractive men, and i can still appriecate a well built man, but as far as the desire to be with them no. I rather be with a woman!

May 28, 2007 at 8:15 pm
(6) Marla Thompson says:

I find some men very attractive. In fact, I am attracted to them physically. However, that is not the only, nor even, the important part of a relationship. For me men do not offer the other qualitites that I look for in a partner.

May 28, 2007 at 10:05 pm
(7) maeveangel says:

I can appreciate many qualities in men, even the physical, but I would not want them in my bed! I tend to bond emotionally, mentally & spiritually with women more…

May 28, 2007 at 11:57 pm
(8) Nessa says:

It’s kinda like how you can be hetero female and still think some women are pretty/be a hetero male and still think men are attractive. It doesn’t make you any less lesbian/gay.

May 29, 2007 at 9:38 am
(9) Clover says:

I do find some men very attractive. For me it’s like admiring a beautiful piece of art or sculpture. I like to look at it, I see the beauty in it, but I don’t necessarily want to have it in my personal collection.

May 29, 2007 at 2:28 pm
(10) Debbie says:

Yes, I consider that men can be attractive both physically and mentally but I am never attracted to them, although the reverse often occurs

May 30, 2007 at 1:06 am
(11) Al says:

I find men very attractive.

and then they speak.

May 31, 2007 at 2:58 am
(12) Lauren says:

I think it’s funny that if a lesbian says that she finds men attractive, then she’s not a “real” lesbian. If a straight women see’s women she finds attractive and says so, is she called a lesbian? No, she is just credited for giving another woman kudos.
So yes, of course you can find men attractive as a lesbian. That doesn’t mean you want to be with them. Hopefully, everyone’s relationships are based on more than just attractiveness.

May 31, 2007 at 11:23 am
(13) Marilyn says:

Of course, both sexes can be attractive. I appreciate a nice looking man, but thats all the further it goes, noticing. Now that tingle from head to toe, a woman, ahhhhhh!

May 31, 2007 at 11:34 am
(14) Jasmina says:

It is simply an appreciation of human beauty.

May 31, 2007 at 9:11 pm
(15) Marti says:

I think some lesbians,like anyone else, are attracted to anyone appealing to their eyes, be it women or men. I divorced my husband of 28 yrs because I found out,like a lot of married women have,that I’m a lesbian BUT that doesn’t mean a nice looking guy won’t turn my head but I won’t have sex with guys anymore!

June 2, 2007 at 9:28 pm
(16) Siedah says:

Definitely, there are some men that i find very attractive. Being a lesbian, doesn’t mean that i am blind to one of nature’s masterpieces…a well sculptured male body. What makes me different from a straight woman, is that I am not sexually attracted to men.

October 2, 2007 at 5:44 pm
(17) Kate McFluffypants says:

I completely agree with Marti’s comment. There are a lot of attractive men in the world, and I have no problem having them as friends, but the moment it comes to exposing a penis I’ve had enough, lol.

May 8, 2009 at 3:08 pm
(18) AMBER says:

it only means your bisexual!!!!!

June 6, 2009 at 2:32 pm
(19) top-searches says:

top-searches.ru , top-searches.ru

July 25, 2012 at 9:29 pm
(20) Andi says:

It’s a question I’ve constantly asked myself throughout the years. From time to time I also find certain men with certain features very attractive. Once in a blue moon I do a double take BUT when it comes to having them in my bed, that’s when I cringe. I appreciate all type of beauty be it a man or a woman, I’m just not sexually attracted to men. So you’re not alone on this hun! :)

November 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm
(21) Biologist/Physiological genius says:

homosexuality is a negative mutation, sort of like genetically modified foods, which are bad for your health but we eat them anyway. fortunately most homosexuals won’t/don’t like to think that somethings wrong with themselves.

males also tend to have *strict* homosexuality, meaning its genetic and cant be changed, womens hormones affect their *sexuality*, the closer a women is to her period, the more she feels attracted to the opposite gender, we still dont know if bisexuality in women is physiological or a mutation, or both,. sorry to burst your bubbles but there is no such thing as a lesbian, only bisexuals and gays(men),