1. People & Relationships

Kathy Belge

Will Opening Up Save Their Relationship?

By November 30, 2012

bisexualsDonna is 24 and her lover is 35. They've been together for a little over two years, but haven't had sex in the last year. Donna, who identifies as bisexual, admits that she's not attracted to her partner anymore. She wants to open up their relationship to see if she wants to be with her current partner or if someone else would be a better match. Her lover won't agree to that. Can you blame her? What advice do I have for Donna who wants to see if opening up their relationship can save it.

sxc.hu

Comments
December 6, 2012 at 10:49 am
(1) Rebecca says:

Personally, I would tell Donna that if she wants someone else, have fun. I, on the other hand, would not be waiting around for her to decide that she screwed up. I would find someone who knows what monogamy is. If you don’t want to be with someone, have some audacity about yourself and let them go.

December 6, 2012 at 11:54 am
(2) Carey says:

I wouldn’t stick around for that scenario. She says she’s not attracted to her any more. Get out of that now while you can, before you get hurt any further.

December 6, 2012 at 1:44 pm
(3) Connie says:

I wasn’t aware someone could be held in a relationship unless they wanted to be; however, hanging around and waiting to see if someone is going to care about you again, if they ever did in the first place is wasted time to me. I was involved with a bisexual once and never again. They seem to be insatiable, enough is never enough. Take yourself out of this scene and go find someone who wants to be with you and not have a open relationship, there’s too many diseases one can contact in a situation like your friend wants. Lot’s of luck

December 6, 2012 at 1:46 pm
(4) Tracy says:

Move on from this relationship. And be honest about your need not to be in an open relationship. If she wants that and you don’t there really is no reconciling it. It’s okay to not want an open relationship , just as it is okay for her to want one. So maybe you two really are better friends than lovers. And that’s okay too.

December 6, 2012 at 1:46 pm
(5) Jade says:

If you are not attracted and have told your partner that why rub salt in the would and have her wait while you go have sex with someone else, come on this is basic respect. Break up and move on.

December 6, 2012 at 7:18 pm
(6) Erin says:

I would say move on part has friends , but move on

December 7, 2012 at 7:18 pm
(7) Lucy says:

Dump her ass!!!

December 13, 2012 at 10:13 am
(8) Pat Layton says:

Wipe the tears away the best you can. Start getting very very busy doing any and everything you can to fill-up your time with. It’s most likely a good thing to stay around the same age also. It’s ALL-OVER, move along.

December 15, 2012 at 11:22 am
(9) Kristine says:

There is an old saying when one door closes God will open a window.
Take the window.