Because writing and managing a web site as large as About Lesbian Life, is extremely time-consuming, I cannot answer every email that I receive. Take a look around the site, chances are, you'll find the answer you are looking for.
If you want the opinion of a lesbian to help you with your situation, I suggest visiting the Lesbian Life Forum and posting your question there. We have a great community of women (and a few men) who are interested in helping each other out and can probably take more time with your question than I can.
How to Find the Help You NeedBefore you email me, please make sure you can't get your question answered by visiting Lesbianlife.about.com.
- Use the search function on the site to look for an answer to your question.
- Browse the topics along the left hand side to see I've already written about your question.
- If you need an opinion or relationship advice, first try posting to the Lesbian Life Forum.
Before you write:Think about the question you want answered. Don't ramble. If I see an email that goes on and on--especially one in a small font with no paragraph breaks, I will not read it.
Use a meaningful subject in the email. I get tons of spam. Many of these are deleted without me even opening them.
Please be polite. If I don't answer your question it is because I am busy, not because I don't care.
If I answer your question and it is helpful, please let me know. I'm a person here and I do this job because I care about the lesbian community. It's nice to know if I've been helpful or not.
- Am I a lesbian?
- This is the most common question I am asked. It's good that you are asking. Unfortunately I cannot answer this for you. You are the only one who can answer this question and it is something that will take you time to figure out. Spend some time on the site checking out the resources, especially the coming out section.
- Will you review my book or ebook?
- Unfortunately, I am not able to do book reviews at this time. However, I encourage you to have a fan write a recommendation in Favorite Lesbian Books submission page.
- Can you help with my relationship issue?
- Maybe. I get dozens of emails each week asking for relationship advice. I sometimes answer these questions if I think others will benefit from reading that advice. However, I cannot answer every question that I receive.
- Can you give me some sexual advice?
- I love to hear your sex questions. Please send them. If it's something I haven't answered before and I think other readers will benefit from, I will attempt to answer your question on the site. Unfortunately, I cannot answer every question, but be sure to check out the Lesbian Sex articles to see if your question has already been answered.
- I'm writing a paper about gay marriage or some other LGBT issue, will you help me?
- Probably not. I simply don't have time. But feel free to use the resources on this site and be sure to properly cite them.
- I'm a PR professional and I want to tell you about my amazing client or product.
- Great. I want to hear about famous lesbian and bisexual women or people who are working for LGBT rights and issues. Unless there's an LGBT angle, please don't send me your pitch.
- I really have a question not covered here. How do I email you?
- For questions and comments you can email me at email@example.com. Because of the large amount of email I receive, I may not be able to respond right away. If I do respond, I may use your question on the site. I will change your name and remove any identifying information and will never post your email address.