The Bottom Line
- A Fairy Tale for alternative families
- Beautiful Artwork that will capture your child's imagination
- Not Just for children!
- King & King
- by Linda de Haan and Stern Nijland
- Hard cover picture book, $14.95
- ISBN 1-58246-061-2
- Lambda Literary Award Winner and
- Honorable mention in the Most Unusual Book of the Year category for Publishers Weeklys 2002 .
- Copyright 2000
Guide Review - King & King
One day the queen decides she is tired of ruling. She decides her son shall marry before the end of summer and take over the kingdom. The queen calls princesses from near and far to meet her son. He is not impressed by any of them, but someone does catch his eye.
This colorful childrens book takes on a surprising twist, when the prince falls for another prince. The art is bold and bright, a mix of collage and watercolor, sure to capture a childs imagination. Same-sex headed families will delight in a storybook that speaks to their families.
King & King is also a good book for any family that wishes to show their children the diversity of human experience. The same-sex attraction is normalized. Theres no proselytizing, no big lesson. It just is.
Overall, King & King is a great book for children from any type of family.