Who are Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi?:
- Ellen DeGeneres is an actress and TV talk show host. She is also a host on American Idol. She's won several daytime Emmy awards, hosted the Grammy's in 2001 and the Oscars in 2007.
- Portia de Rossi is an actress who was born under the name Amanda Lee Rogers in Melbourne, Australia in 1973. She changed her name to Portia when she was 15 after a character in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice. She starred in Ally McBeal and Arrested Development. Portia de Rossi is 15 years younger than Ellen DeGeneres.
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi: How They Met:
Portia de Rossi said she met Ellen DeGeneres in about 2000 and although there was chemistry, she didn't pursue it. Portia said in an interview in The Advocate "I ran into Ellen at a photo shoot [in 2004] and she took my breath away. That had never happened to me in my life, where I saw somebody and [experienced] all of those things you hear about in songs and read about in poetry. My knees were weak."
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi: Their Relationship Begins:
When you're as famous as Ellen DeGeneres, it's hard to keep things private. Ellen and Portia began their relationship in December 2004, after seeing each other again at VH1's Big in '04 awards show.
Ellen's Past Loves:
Portia's Past Loves:
Marriage and Children?:
Will Ellen & Portia have children? "Never say never," Ellen said in People. "When I'm around babies, I just melt."
Ellen & Portia's Love Quotes:
- Ellen said in People, "We were just supposed to be together. It was a tough decision. I was physically getting sick because I was trying so hard not to say anything."
- Portia gushed about Ellen in the Advocate, "Just being a couple - being able to walk down a red carpet holding her hand, that's exciting for me. I respect her so much. She was so courageous and so loud in '97, and now she is doing something that is more subliminal. She's changing the world, she really is, and it's exciting to be a part of that.
- In the Advocate Ellen said, "I could say the same thing I've said in every relationship: I'm happy. But there's happiness and there's love, and then there's completion."