For lesbians in relationships, Valentines Day can be special, or it can be stressful. A typical Valentines date includes going out to dinner at a romantic restaurant. But, depending on where you live or how out you are, you may not be comfortable going out with your lover to a restaurant full of straight couples. So, here are some alternate ideas for how to enjoy a special Valentines Day with your sweetie.
1. Plan a PicnicThe weather outside may be frightful, but dont let that stop you. Either dress warmly and light candles in the snow, or bring the picnic indoors. Set up in front of the fireplace or feed her by candlelight. Pick up a few of her favorite dishes at the local deli. Finger foods are especially sexy.
2. Do something she LovesDoes she have a hobby or interest that isnt quite your cup of tea? What better way to prove that you really care than by doing something she he loves, that youre not so crazy about? Is she a gardener? Take her to a garden show or special garden in your area. Animal lover? Take her to a dog show. A cook? Take her to her favorite kitchen store and have her pick out something shes been wanting.
3. Get CreativeWrite her a poem, essay or short story and read it out loud to her. Paint her a picture, frame a nice photo you took or make her a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry. Knit her a cap or sew her some knickers. Build her a new bookcase or throw her a new salad bowl. Nothing is appreciated more than a handmade gift.
4. Get out of TownPlan a weekend trip out of town to a more gay-friendly location. Visit a lesbian bar, have dinner at a queer friendly restaurant and stay in a nice hotel or bed and breakfast.
5. Rub her DownTreat her to a massage. Who doesnt love a shoulder or foot rub? Get some sweet smelling oils, take your time and make her your queen for the day. Add to the spa experience by running her a candle-lit bath or treating her to a home facial, manicure or pedicure.
6. Make her Heart SingMake her a mixed CD of your favorite love songs that remind you of her. Take her hand and waltz her around the living room.
Hedonist Artisan Chocolates.
romantic meals for two.