Coming Out as Lesbian/Bisexual/Trans
By Kathy Belge
- Am I a Lesbian?
- Coming Out Advice
- Teen Coming Out Stories
- Married Women Coming Out Stories
- Lesbian/Bisexual Coming Out Stories
Am I a Lesbian?
Coming out is the process of discovering if you are lesbian or bisexual, accepting it and then sharing that knowledge with others. Figuring out if you are lesbian or bisexual is the first step of your coming out process and not necessarily an easy one. Here are some articles that will help you answer the question, "Am I a lesbian?"
- What is a Lesbian?
- What Causes Homosexuality?
- Is Being Gay a Choice?
- How do I know if I'm a Lesbian?
- Are You a Lesbian?
Coming Out Advice
Here you will learn about what it means to be a lesbian or bisexual, how to figure out if you are lesbian or bisexual and learn how to deal with this issue with your family and friends.
- What Does it Mean to Come Out?
- Should I Come Out of the Closet?
- Do I Have to Have Sex to Prove I'm a Lesbian?
- Can People Tell I'm Gay?
- Coming Out to Your Parents
- Coming Out to Your Friends
- Coming Out to Your Children
- Coming Out at Work
- Should You Come Out to Your Parents?
Teen Coming Out Stories
Your teen years are a time of discovery. Figuring out your sexuality is one process of discovery that many teens go through. Reading other stories from other teens about what they went through coming out as lesbian or bisexual can help.
- Dinelle Came Out at 15
- Hollie Told Her Mom at Age 14
- Sophie Loves Women and Football
- Isabel Came Out at 16, But Knew Since She was 12
- This is a Story from a Mom of a Bi Teen
- Rizz's Coming Out Journey Was Not Easy
- Dana Came Out Loud
- Nikki Was a Cheerleader
- Tia's Cousin Outed Her
- Jo was Outed to the Whole School
Married Women Coming Out Stories
Some women start to figure out they are lesbian or bisexual after they have been married. Married women, especially those with children have a unique journey in coming out of the closet. Here are some stories of lesbians and bisexual women who have come out after marriage and lived to share their stories with us.
- Chris Was Married for Years Before She Came Out
- Christina Came Out to Her Husband at Age 40
- Wendy Was Married for 12 Years Before She Came Out
- Dana's Husband Helped her Come Out
- Kim Remains Married to Her Husband
Lesbian/Bisexual Coming Out Stories
Every one who comes out has a unique story to tell. Yet, there are many similarities in our stories. Here are some coming out stories from women that I think will be helpful to you as you try to figure out if you are lesbian or not, or simply how to tell those around you that you are.
- The Internet Helped Kaleena Come Out
- Jasmine Flipped for Years Between Lesbian, Straight and Bisexual
- Aolani had Quite a Process Coming Out
- Ravit Came Out in the Army
- So Natural, So Right: a Lesbian's First Time